Sunday, November 08, 2009

This is Halloween - pumpkins scream in the death of night!


Did anybody celebrate Halloween? How was it? Share! :b
So mine was nothing much. On the Friday before Halloween, I dragged a bunch of mates who were like "oh halloween is not even a national holiday" to the movie theatre, and we watched the film "The Orphan". It was alright.
Then a friend came sleep over, and we spent the Halloween day together, and went downtown.

Anyways. There's this film, which is a must-see for everyone: "The Nightmare Before Christmas" from Tim burton. It's my favourite film, and great for watching particullary on Halloween and Christmas.

On Mexico there is also a celebration, Dia Dels Muertos (day of the death) on November 2nd. On that day, people remember their loved ones who passed away. They usually go to graveyards and make picnicks, like they were eating with the death, and there's a series of tradictions. They also have this thing, a piƱata, which people break, and has sweets in it. (Yeah, I like sweets, can you blame me? XD)

2 comments:

Naiomi said...

Hi! The night before Halloween I watched Sweeney Todd :) I spent Halloween day walking on the street with some friends dressed with a skeleton hoodie and gloves :D hehe people looked at me as if I was crazy. Then I was supposed to watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (which I saved to watch that night) but I didn't because it was already 2 am, and I had to get up early =X
I knew there was a "Dia de los Muertos" but I didn't know they did picnics :D good to know!
kiss *

Broken Doll said...

That's so cool! ^^
Did you like Sweeney Todd?
Haha I want to see your outfit!
Kiss <3